We’re very excited to announce the badge requirements for the Emerald Badge, for Cubs, as they join in the excitement of Damboree in 2019.
Carefully chosen to encourage, engage and challenge Cubs, and their leaders, by new members of the Damboree Team, Leigh P. and Ang H. We hope they will inspire you to plan your Damboree eventfor 2019, and maybe join in with your Beaver friends.
Below you will find the detailed breakdown of requirements, we’ve also updated and clarified some of the adult badges, Silvers and Golds too.
We hope this will now help you plan your Damboree events in 2019, as we encourage more leaders to take out Nights Away Campsite permits and get #EveryoneinTents
Complete 5 OPTIONS & all of the ESSENTIALS section.
- [ ] Help to pitch and strike your tent
- [ ] Cook a Backwoods meal with your tent buddies
- [ ] Show you know what things you need to do to look after your campsite and kit
- [ ] Make, name and look after an imaginary camp pet...
- [ ] Build a shelter/bivvy for two, and sleep in it for at least one night of your camp
- [ ] Make a useful Camp Gadget
- [ ] Erect and use a weather stone to give local weather forecast.
- [ ] Make a woggle out of something you have on camp. Could be wood or cord. Using knife skills or knots.
- [ ] Invite one of the Damboree ASU or your ACC Cubs or County Nights Away Advisers to your event
- [ ] Perform a Campfire skit or teach a new song
Essentials - do ALL of these
- [ ] 2 or 3 nights Cubs sleeping outside
- [ ] Spell out Damboree in Camp Items
- [ ] Post pictures, or it didn’t happen, to Facebook using #DamboreeCubs #Cubsintents
A Damboree Passport will be released for download in early 2019, as part of the Damboree Support Kit.
If you haven’t yet registered your interest in joining in with Damboree, please use the registration form below.
#Damboree #DamboreeCubs #SkillsforLife_ContinuesWithCubs #EveryoneInTents