As promised we’ve not forgotten the Turquoise Ninja Army, and their badge criteria. Although posting slightly later than we’d hoped, due to Stuart attending the District Appointments Advisory Committee, news on that to follow later on this month.
Anyhoo on with important stuffs….
In line with the Cubs Damboree badge naming, in 2019 the Beaver Blue Badge is now the Damboree Turquoise Badge, and the criteria have been updated slightly, and jiggered about a bit for consistency, but nothing significantly different. The logic being that with leader retention & turnover, and Beavers joining cubs in quick succession, keeping the Turquoise badge consistent and straightforward makes it easier for Nights Away Advisors, and other supporters to help a Beaver leader get their Campsite Nights Away Permit, and Beavers confidently in tents.
We’re really looking forwards to seeing a new cohort of Beaver Leaders getting their campsite permits, and seeing those that got Gold in 2018 putting their permits to ex-tent-sive use in 2019.
You can register your interest in our 2019 event using the form below. Remember, pictures or it didn’t happen!
Complete 5 OPTIONS & all of the ESSENTIALS section
- [ ] Help put up a tent
- [ ] Build and light a fire
- [ ] Learn how to tie three simple knots
- [ ] Cook over a fire (Eg twists or s’mores)
- [ ] Learn a new campfire song and perform it
- [ ] Set up your bed and sleeping bag
- [ ] Find out how Beavers live in the wild
- [ ] Invite one of the Damboree ASU or Beaver ACC or County Nights Away Advisers to your event
- [ ] Draw picture of the original Beaver uniform and name 3 differences
- [ ] Take part in a brand new adventurous activity with your Colony
ESSENTIALS - Do ALL of these
- Camp outside in tents with your colony for at least one night
- Spell out Damboree in natural materials
- Post pictures, or it didn’t happen, to Facebook using
Complete 1 of the below:
- [ ] Mentor another leader through the Permit process
- [ ] Organise a Damboree camping event for your Colony, Pack or Group
- [ ] Take an active role in a larger District or County Damboree Event
- [ ] Be a non-Uniformed or Parent Helper on a Damboree Event
- [ ] Be a Young Leader on a Damboree Event
- [ ] Be a Uniformed Helper on a Damboree Event
Complete 1 of the below:
- [ ] Succeed in achieving your first Campsite Nights Away Permit as part of a Damboree event
- [ ] Answer the Nights Away Advisers call and asses a Beaver or Cub leader for their Campsite Permit as part of your validation
It is not expected that you would get a permit, and become an Nights Away Adviser in the same Damboree cycle.
#Damboree #EveryoneInTents #BeaversAreScouts_ScoutsCamp #SkillsforLife_BeginsWithBeavers